Sweet potato sautéed with vegetables, a typical United States recipe that is taken for breakfast and is known as sweet potato hash. It is very simple and tasty. This recipe is very popular in the United States and in other Anglo-Saxon countries, it is called «sweet potato hash, but since it is not known by that name in Spanish (or at least in Spain), I decided to translate it as sweet potato sautéed with vegetables.
It is usually taken for breakfast, but can be eaten at any time of the day. Also, the ingredients and the recipe are very basic, although you can use whatever you have on hand.
It is not necessary to peel the sweet potatoes, but I like it better that way. With potatoes it also remains to die, in fact I could not say which version I like more.
Until I started the blog and especially after going vegan I started to include sweet potatoes in my diet because it is a very healthy food and it is to die for, before I only ate potatoes.
The best sweet potatoes I’ve tried are Asian ones, especially purple ones, although yellow ones are also very good. I like them better because they are not so sweet and they remind me more of potatoes, although they taste even better. If you travel to Asia, try them because you are going to love them.
Stir-Fried Sweet Potatoes Recipes For Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main Dish, Breakfasts
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- 450 g sweet potato ( 1 pound), peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper (or 1 small one), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan or saucepan, add the sweet potato and cook for about 10 minutes with the lid on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook over medium-high heat without the lid until the sweet potato is tender and both the sweet potato and the vegetables are golden brown (about 10 or 15 minutes).
- Serve immediately (I put a little chopped parsley on top) or keep the leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Serving Size: 2-4
- Calories: 197kcal
Keywords: Stir-Fried Sweet Potatoes