Pasta with garlic and oil, a very simple Italian recipe that is prepared with spaghetti, garlic, oil, salt and parsley. It is very tasty, as well as simple. Pasta with garlic and oil (better known as spaghetti aglio e olio in Italian) is one of the easiest pasta recipes out there, although it is incredibly tasty.
It is a pasta dish typical of the cuisine of Naples, whose basic ingredients are pasta (usually spaghetti), garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Other ingredients such as cayenne, fresh parsley, pine nuts or ground black pepper are also often added. In this case I have only used 5 ingredients (and one of them is optional) to make the dish as simple as possible.
I have seen several versions in which Parmesan cheese is added at the end, although the pasta is so rich that it is not necessary. Anyway, if you want to add a little flavor, I invite you to try my vegan Parmesan cheese , which is to lick your fingers.
I have not tried to make the recipe without oil. I suppose you could sauté the garlic in a little water or vegetable broth and add cooking broth to the spaghetti so they are not so dry. Another option would be to dilute a little tahini or some nut butter with water, to make the sauce creamier.
Spaghetti With Garlic And Oil Pasta Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- 225g spaghetti ( 1/2 pound), gluten-free if needed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ( 4 tablespoons)
- Pinch of cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the spaghetti following the package directions. It is important that you add salt to the cooking water because it is the only salt that the dish will carry.
- Meanwhile, pour the oil and garlic into a frying pan and cook over medium heat until golden, stirring occasionally. At the end add the cayenne powder and cook 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Strain the spaghetti and pour them into the pot along with the sauce and parsley. Stir until well integrated. If the pasta is very dry, you can add more oil or a little cooking water.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 2-4
- Calories: 334kcal
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.1 g
- Protein: 7.6 g