Quick Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main Dish, Appetizer, Soup
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 – 2 tablespoons vegan butter or oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 450 g mushrooms (1 pound), chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine (65 ml), optional
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk ( 125 ml), you can use another type of milk
- Put the butter or oil in a pot and when it is hot add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 1 or 2 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, stir and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the white wine and cook over high heat for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the flour, stir and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable stock, thyme, salt and pepper, stir and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir and cook 2 or 3 more minutes.
- You can serve the soup as is, whip it completely or whip it partially, which is what I did. It depends on the consistency you are looking for.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1-3
- Calories: 208kcal
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 810 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6.4 g