Mushroom cream, vegan, tasty and creamy. It is delicious, simple and so easy to make that you will want to eat it every day. Drinking creams is an easy and delicious way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. They are quick to prepare and they are also very versatile, since you can take them at lunch or dinner. This mushroom cream is perfect for cold winter days, it is also very light and satisfying.
I made this recipe with white wine and homemade vegetable broth, two “secret” ingredients that make this vegan cream even tastier. Also, I’ve used vegetable milk, specifically coconut milk, to give it a much creamier texture and a wonderfully smooth flavor.
This mushroom cream is perfect for those cold days when you need a comfort food. It is delicious, very nutritious and healthy, you will not believe its creamy texture and its rich flavor. Also, it is very easy to do.
Quick Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main Dish, Appetizer, Soup
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 – 2 tablespoons vegan butter or oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 450 g mushrooms (1 pound), chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine (65 ml), optional
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk ( 125 ml), you can use another type of milk
- Put the butter or oil in a pot and when it is hot add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 1 or 2 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, stir and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the white wine and cook over high heat for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the flour, stir and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable stock, thyme, salt and pepper, stir and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir and cook 2 or 3 more minutes.
- You can serve the soup as is, whip it completely or whip it partially, which is what I did. It depends on the consistency you are looking for.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1-3
- Calories: 208kcal
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 810 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
Keywords: Mushroom cream