Vegan chicken soup, a very comforting, nutritious and tasty dish, perfect for the months when it is cold. It is ready in just 30 minutes. When I was little I ate chicken soup almost daily during the cold months, that’s why when I saw this soup on Pinterest, which in English is known as “chicken noodle soup” and which is one of the most popular in the United States, I dared to prepare a vegan version.
It is a very simple soup, which can be easily adapted to what we have at home. I have seen vegan versions that use vegan chicken broth, although it is not something that is easy to find in Spain and personally I prefer to use vegetable broth, better if it is homemade.
The only harder ingredient to get is vegan chicken. What I could easily find in my area were these strips of soy and wheat (the brand does not promote me), which were very good and were very delicious. If you can’t find any substitute, add tofu, tempeh, textured soy, or any other legume (chickpeas are always great in your soup), or remove this ingredient.
Easy Vegan Chicken Soup Recipes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, American
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 225 g ( 8 oz) chicken substitute , cut into strips (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups of vegetable broth ( 1 liter)
- 115 g of pasta, gluten-free if necessary ( 4 oz ), I used brown rice fusilli
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. If you don’t consume oil, you can use a little vegetable stock or water. Add the vegetables and vegan chicken and sauté over medium-high heat until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta), stir and when the broth starts to boil, add the pasta and cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Remove the bay leaves and serve immediately. I sprinkled some fresh parsley on it for garnish, but it’s optional.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for about 5-7 days.
- I used these strips of soy and wheat as vegan chicken, but if you can not take gluten, Heura products are an excellent option, although there are more and more brands that make vegan substitutes and that can be bought in vegan stores and large stores. If not, you can always use tofu, tempeh, textured soy, seitan, or other legumes like chickpeas. You can also remove this ingredient, the soup will be very rich as well.
- If you don’t want to make the chicken seasoning, you can buy it done or add the spices you want.
- You can use another type of pasta like noodles or not add pasta.
- Add more or less broth, vegetables, vegan chicken or pasta, depending on how soupy you like the soup.
- Serving Size: 1-4
- Calories: 235.6kcal
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 589.8 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 14.4 g
Keywords: vegan chicken soup