Baked beets, a very simple dish to prepare, with few ingredients, which are also easy to find, such as oil, salt, spices and herbs. I have never been a big fan of beets, although it must be said that the only ones I have tried are those that are already cooked. They are too sweet and gooey for me.
Instead, recipes with raw beets are something else, and roasted beets are especially good, especially freshly made. If we use salt, pepper or other herbs and spices, the sweet taste of the beet is offset and for my taste they are to lick your fingers.
On the other hand, packed beets often have additives in many cases, in addition to plastic. When buying raw beets there are all advantages. It cannot be found in all supermarkets, but it can be found in some and also in small stores.
Many recipes roast whole beets and then peel them, but I like doing them this way more because if you use a good peeler (or a sharp knife) they are quite easy to peel and once they are ready we can eat them directly, without having than waiting for them to cool down a bit so we don’t burn our hands.
Easy Delicious Baked Beetroot Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 450 g raw beets ( 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil, see notes if you do not want to use oil
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning , or any other herb
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Wash, peel and chop the beets.
- Pour them in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and stir until they are well integrated.
- Put the beets on a baking sheet (with parchment paper or not) and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until tender and golden brown (they were ready in about 40 minutes in my oven).
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 159kcal
- Sugar: 15.4 g
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
Keywords: Baked Beetroot