Baked asparagus, a garnish or first course very tasty and easy to prepare. You only need 6 ingredients and it is ready in about 25 minutes. I have eaten quite a few white asparagus throughout my life, especially when I was little, because I am from Navarra, but I did not try green asparagus until a few years later. I like both types very much, although this recipe for baked asparagus is one of my favorites.
If you don’t have an oven, you could sauté the asparagus with the same ingredients, although for my taste they are better roasted and the recipe is very simple and quick.
Other ingredients can be added to give more flavor such as garlic or onion powder, dried herbs, spices, balsamic vinegar, etc. You can also prepare an even simpler version with just asparagus, oil and salt.
I have not made this recipe without oil, although I suppose it would also be good if it is replaced by a splash of lemon juice. In that case I would add it before baking the asparagus. Vinegar, especially balsamic, is also a good alternative to oil when baking vegetables.
Baked Asparagus with Parmesan Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 450g green asparagus ( 1 pound)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus and discard them. You can use them to make soups or vegetable creams.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with the oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Bake 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender and golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven, pour the lemon juice on top and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container for about 4 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 112kcal
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
Keywords: Baked Asparagus