Cauliflower fried rice is a low-carb version of fried rice and a delicious Asian-inspired dish that is ready in 15 minutes. If you are a fan of cauliflower rice , you can prepare large quantities for the whole week and make different recipes on the go. For example, this cauliflower fried rice brews in about 10-15 minutes and is finger-licking.
Fried rice is one of my favorite Asian recipes and the cauliflower version is also spectacular, it is also lighter and a very interesting way to incorporate more vegetables into our diet.
Although there are people who prefer to follow a low carbohydrate diet and use cauliflower rice as a substitute for rice, I like eating it better as a garnish, since I usually include carbohydrates in all my meals.
Many fried rice recipes often include egg, so you could add a bit of tofu scramble , which totally sucks up the punch and is a way to add a little vegetable protein to this dish.
- This recipe is a delicious way to take advantage of cauliflower rice . You can prepare cauliflower rice in large quantities for the week and then in a matter of 10-15 minutes you can make delicious and healthy dishes without complicating your life much.
- Use any type of oil or if you prefer an oil-free version, use a little water or vegetable broth.
- Use the vegetables you want or the ones you have in your kitchen.
- You can also add the spices and / or herbs you prefer. It is a very versatile recipe.
If you do not consume soy, you can substitute the tamari or soy sauce for coconut aminos (they sell it in herbalists and online) or for a little salt to taste.
15 Minute Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned peas ( 70 g )
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned corn ( 70 g )
- 1 tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- Follow the instructions to make the cauliflower rice . Reservation.
- Pour the oil in a pan and when it is hot add the garlic, onion, carrot, peas, salt and pepper. Stir and cook over medium-high heat until they begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add the corn, stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice (which you have previously cooked following this recipe ) and stir so that the ingredients are well integrated.
- Add the tamari or soy sauce, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sesame oil (optional), stir and serve immediately. You can store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for about 3-5 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
- Serving Size: 2-4
- Calories: 130kcal
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 501 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
Keywords: Cauliflower Fried Rice